The beauty market today is filled with thousands of different companies advertising different body lotions, making different claims, using different ingredients. Have you ever stood staring at the shelf, not sure which one to choose? What’s the difference between all of them anyway? Most of the time, no one can pronounce half the ingredients on the back of these lotions… Or we come across ingredients such as alcohol and synthetic ingredients that we don’t want to have on our skin.
Realistically, people want a body lotion with added benefits, nourishing and moisturizing properties. If you are looking for a truly revolutionary body lotion, Hempz is the company you have been searching for. Hempz is a unique company that produces body and hair care products made with 100% pure organic Hemp Seed Oil. Hemp seed oil records date back to 6,000 BCE in China, where the oil was used in foods because of its health benefits. Soon Hemp oil was used for building materials, clothing and shoes. Its spread across the globe led to hemp seed oil being used in beauty products. From hair care products to body lotions, this oil is known for its hydrating properties and improving the look and health of your skin. Hemp Seed Oil contains 25% protein, 30% carbohydrates, 15% nutrients, 15% vitamins, and 15% minerals, making it one of the richest oils in the world.
Now you may ask,
why do people love Hempz lotions so much and why it is good for you?
Hempz lotions have essential fatty acids and amino acids that contain antioxidants, vitamins and natural proteins to nourish the skin. Hempz Lotions have a variety of vitamins such as vitamins E, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, Iron, Zinc, Potassium, and Carotene. As well as essential fatty acids such as Omega-3 and Omega-6. Hempz Lotions proudly packages and sells its products being Paraben and Gluten-free, as well as being 100% vegan. Here is a full list of the vitamins included in many of the Lotions made by Hempz and their benefits for the skin.
- Vitamin A is known to fight wrinkles and repair the skin.
- Vitamin B is rich in anti-aging properties.
- Vitamin B2 prevents free-radical damage and protects skin, especially from pollution or things in the environment and air.
- Vitamin B6 is known to help treat acne, psoriasis, and other skin conditions.
- Vitamin D boosts skin elasticity, smooths lines as well as minimizing dark spots.
- Vitamin E prevents dryness and bolsters skin’s UV defense.
- Calcium helps grow and regenerate skin.
- Iron reduces paleness and dark circles.
- Magnesium stabilizes hormonal balances and improves the cellular process.
- Manganese aids in collagen production and protects the skin from UV rays.
- Phosphorus will help the body utilize B vitamins.
- Potassium keeps skin hydrated and moist.
- Zinc is an antioxidant, heals and rejuvenates the skin.
Given all these added benefits, Hempz lotions quickly penetrate into the skin, leaving it soft and supple, nourished and hydrated. These lotions also encourage cell renewal and turn-over! Researchers have even provided evidence for hemp oil used lotions helping with skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Hempz Lotions website has a variety of body moisturizers, each with different key ingredients and moisturizing properties for different skin needs.
If you are new to Hempz Lotions and are looking to try a lotion out my top two recommendations would be the following. We’ve added a link to their store from which we earn a small commission which will be used to reinvest and maintain the site.
Hempz Lotion – Original Moisturizer
- This is their #1 selling, original formula with Shea Butter and Ginseng to help soothe the skin.
- It is packed with vitamins A, C, and E, it protects the skin from environmental pollution and toxins.
- With a lovely scent of floral and banana (however, this scent can be too strong for those who have sensitive skin, so please refer to recommendation #2)
- Pros: it is Hempz number one selling formula, classic ingredients, tried and tested.
- Cons: it does have a floral scent, which can become irritating to some sensitive skin users.
Hempz Lotion – Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
- This is the best option for those with sensitive skin, but still wanting those nourishing ingredients to moisturize their skin.
- This moisturizer has Calming Oatmeal Complex to reduce skin dryness and tightness, helping skin feel soft and smooth.
- With a mixture of natural Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter, and Cocoa Sea Butter to gently nourish the skin.
- It’s best selling factor is that it is 100% perfume free! If you were to purchase your first Hempz Lotion product, this would be the ultimate recommendation. You won’t be disappointed!
- Pros: Perfume free, Oatmeal is one of the world’s most nourishing ingredients. Even safe to use on youth or babies’ skin.
- Cons: Can be a little greasy because of the 3 different kinds of butter used in the moisturizer, however, some people enjoy the super “rich” body lotions.
Now you may be thinking those body lotions seem boring. You’re looking for something fun, unique, some scents that you haven’t seen in your local drugstore before. Lucky for you, Hempz Lotion also has other body moisturizers with exotic fruits, appealing to individuals who have a fun side to them. These include:
Hempz Lotion – Pomegranate Moisturizer
- with pomegranate extracts and antioxidants to restore skin radiance and glow. This would be perfect for someone with older or aging dull skin.
- Pros: Not only do people like eating a pomegranate, but it does wonders for the skin as well, providing radiance and glow within.
- Cons: Can have an over-powering smell to those who have sensitive skin.
Hempz Lotion – Fresh Coconut and Watermelon
- This moisturizer takes you to a tropical place and leaves you smelling lovely with coconut to provide skin hydration and watermelon for a fun lively scent.
- Pros: coconut is a wonderful ingredient and known for its hydrating properties, as it is made up of water.
- Cons: Watermelon scent can be over-powering and some people do not like the combination of coconut and watermelon together, as it smells very strong and “fake”.
Hempz Lotion – Triple moisture
- packed with hydrating Yangu Oil, which helps retain the firmness of the skin.
- Pros: Triple the moisture for those individuals whose skin is extra dry.
- Cons: Can become greasy or not quickly absorbed by the skin. After applying, wait a few minutes before resuming activities or putting clothes on to ensure the cream is fully sunk into the skin and will not rub off on other surfaces.
Hempz Lotion – Age Defying moisturizer
- This has anti-aging blends and vitamins to help skin look for firm and toned.
- Pros: targeted towards individuals with aging skin.
- Cons: There is no real science, or evidence, that proves a lotion can help skin look more firm and “toned”. This applies to any lotion, not just for Hempz Lotions. Thus, their age-defying line of lotions could be a scam, only to attract more audience.
Hempz Lotion – Milk & Honey moisturizer
- This is a great gentle body moisturizer with milk, honey, and essential oils to provide comfort to the skin while calming your senses and providing relaxation.
- Pros: Honey gives a slightly sweet smell to the lotion, very gentle. It provides a relaxing and warm feel upon application.
- Cons: Their claim that “milk” is included in the lotion, can be artificial.
Hempz Lotion – Tahitian Vanilla moisturizer with ginger root extract and vanilla extract
- It provides a natural way of soothing the skin while providing nutrients to the skin.
- Pros: ginger root extract has excellent properties for the skin.
- Cons: Smell can be very strong, and includes artificial smells to produce vanilla, which can be harmful to the skin over time.
Hempz Lotion – Sweet Pineapple and Honey melon moisturizer with Miracle Oil Blend
- hydrates, repairs and retains skin moisture, with a sweet pineapple smell, leaves you smelling irresistible!
- Pros: Honey is an ancient moisturizing ingredient.
- Cons: pineapple is generally not used in lotions and not known for its moisturizing abilities, so there can be false claims made here.
- Cons: Smell, once again, the pineapple smells fake and inauthentic to some individuals as it is difficult to reproduce a true tropical pineapple smell.
Hempz Lotion – Blushing Grapefruit and raspberry cream moisturizer with cucumber and ginseng extract
- Preserve elasticity and smooth fine lines.
- Pros: grapefruit can do wonders for the skin.
- Cons; This cream is a miss. raspberry cream is a random and odd addition to that lotion, mixed with cucumbers and ginseng and grapefruit, this lotion has way too many ingredients that may not blend and work together well. there is a mixture of different smells coming from the different fruits.
Hempz Lotion – Exotic Green Tea moisturizer
- Gives skin a healthier look and feel with natural anti-inflammatory properties of green tea.
- pros: green tea is known for its skin healing properties.
- cons: visible results may vary. some individuals see great results with green tea, others do not notice a difference.
Those are all of Hempz body lotions products, and provided the information there are some final recommendations:
Choosing which Hempz Lotion can be difficult, however, all of the lotions include their classic Hemp Seed Oil, and what differentiates them is their added benefits and vitamins from other oils, extracts or fruits. Their website is easy to navigate and will list exactly what each lotion has to offer and what skin type it can nourish.
And those individuals who like a little bit of scent, but nothing too strong: Exotic green tea Hempz lotion or Milk and Honey Hempz lotion.
One thing that sets aside Hempz Lotions from other lotions is that that is completely renewable and environmentally friendly. Other lotions that have petroleum and mineral oils are not renewable. However, hemp is a renewable and sustainable source, as it comes from the hemp plant. Not to be confused with the marijuana plant. On the upside, hemp plants do not require harmful chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides, or chlorine bleach.
Hempz Lotions is a company that expands beyond just body care. They provide other products such as daily hair care, herbal hair products, and daily SPF lotions. For example, Hempz has their daily Hempz shampoo, in their original formula, pomegranate, triple moisture, blushing grapefruit, and raspberry creme and sweet pineapple and honey melon formula. Hempz also carries body washes and scrubs. And for all you beauty lovers out there, they even carry bubble bath, cleansing sticks and dry body oils infused with Hemp Seed Oil. Hempz company is continuously producing new body lotions, some of their new features being sandalwood and apple, raspberry and blushing rose (limited edition), and lavender with CBD oil. CBD oil has calming benefits and works miraculously with Hemp Seed Oil. They are often combined in body care products as they compliment each other very nicely and add to each others’ benefits for the skin and body.
We should truly take care of our bodies as we only have one. Using cheap products with artificial colors, preservatives, colors, parabens, and synthetic fragrances can do harm to our bodies and actually cause various skin conditions. Other companies that claim to be using Hemp Seed Oil may be using a fraction of what you want or even adding water to decrease the oil concentration in their products, or simply using synthetic and manufactured versions of Hemp Seed Oil. One company you can trust to be using authentic Hemp seed Oil is Hempz, with the variety of products they offer, and given their company name, Hempz is the leader in products with Hemp seed oil.
To conclude, Hempz is a herbal company that provides quality body care products with hand-picked ingredients to nourish, moisturize, renew and protect the skin, for all ages. See the different Hemp Oil can make in your skin as it is a natural product with many benefits. Go ahead and purchase a product from Hempz, you’ll see the difference in your skin and your body will thank you. You will never purchase another lotion from anywhere else.