Do you consider yourself a chemist?
Have you ever baked a cake?
If you didn’t consider yourself a chemist, then we are on the same page! But in reality, if you have ever baked a cake or made bread, then you have delved in some simple chemical reactions!
To create your own CBD vape juice is even easier than baking a cake, and there’s no need for a degree in chemistry either!
This article will cover a step by step guide on how to create your very own personalized CBD vape juice.
So, let’s get underway, starting with what you will need!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Propylene Glycol (PG).
- Vegetable Glycerol (VG).
- Vape flavoring.
- CBD concentrate for vaping.
- Distilled water
Preparation of ingredients
- Choose your preferred mix of PG and VG. PG enhances the throat hit of your chosen flavor, while VG increases the amount and thickness of the vape cloud. The ratio is totally up to you, but common ratios include 100-0, 50-50, 80-20 of whichever you prefer out of the two.
- Create your flavor idea! The internet is full of great vape flavorings that range in prices. You can find and mix primary flavors such as apple, strawberry, or cherry. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, you can create your favorite cocktail, for example, the piña colada with flavors along the lines of pineapple, coconut milk, and rum flavoring! Get in touch with your inner creativity and come up with your unique mix of flavors to create a personalized vape juice! What would work well as a vape juice flavor? It’s totally up to you!
- To create your own CBD vape juice, you will need CBD concentrate. This CBD concentrate will be able to be mixed with the flavor (s), PG and VG to create a soothing CBD vaping experience! The concentration of CBD is your choice. You can go for higher strength, such as 10% (1000mg of CBD) if you have higher needs. Otherwise, start with a lower amount and work your way up. A good starting point is to get 1% CBD concentrate, which converts to 100mg of CBD.
- Once you’ve decided on your vape juice ratio of PG to VG as well as having selected your mix of flavors and strength of CBD concentrate, it is time to start preparing to mix everything.
- Make sure to have a plan of your ingredients before starting the mixing process. If you want to create a 30ml bottle of vape juice, then you should plan how much of each component you will add and mix up to the point of 30ml. Consider your ratio of PG/VG as around 50% of your bottle, meaning the other 50% are the flavors and CBD concentrate.
An example of an ingredient list:
- chocolate CBD vape juice:
- 50/50 PG/VG mix 8ml of each (16ml total)
- CBD concentrate 5% isolate (5ml)
- Chocolate flavoring (5ml)
- Peppermint flavoring (2ml)
- Menthol flavoring (1ml)
- Caramel flavoring (1ml)
Yields a 30ml bottle of CBD vape juice.
If you are confused and would like some more information check out this video above by Hemp In A Pot where he shows you how to create CBD vape juice, as well as how to extract CBD from the cannabis plant.
Importance of ingredients
- PG: Propylene Glycol is the most commonly used base of most e-cigarette liquids and vape juices. The benefits of PG are that it helps to bring out the flavor more when mixed with flavoring. People often use PG to enhance the feeling of smoking, providing a stronger hit on your throat than its counterpart VG. PG is thinner and easier to work with when creating vape juices but can create a mess on your hands. A vape juice that contains higher levels of PG will mean the vape will be easier to clean. One reason why people choose to use less PG is that it creates fewer vapor clouds than VG. Overall when deciding on what ratio to work with, when considering PG think about how it increases the throat hit, emphasizes flavor, means easier cleaning and maintenance, but will mean smaller, less dense vape clouds.
- VG: Vegetable Glycerine is the other component used to create vape juices. The advantage of using a higher ratio of VG in a vape juice mix is that it will create more significant clouds and affect your throat less. For those who are first-time vapers or don’t like having a sore throat from vaping, then a higher VG content is probably preferable. The most commonly discussed disadvantages of VG are that it is a thicker, more viscous liquid that creates problems for cleaning and maintenance of one’s vape. Another disadvantage is that it has a slightly sweet taste that can distort flavoring (although some enjoy this sweetness). Therefore, when deciding on the amount of VG used, consider how it increases the thickness and amount of vape clouds as well as reduced feeling in the throat, but on the other hand, it may distort the flavor.
- Flavoring: The importance of the flavors is the customizability it provides and the individuality of creating something unique! When choosing characters, always remember that creating a new vape juice is about trial and error. Make sure it is unique and reflects the idea in mind and then practice creating it and trying it until the ultimate combination is found. Practice makes perfect, and the ideal recipe is never made on the first try!
- CBD concentrate: Most people use CBD vape juice to reap the benefits of CBD in the form of inhaling instead of using oils or creams etc. CBD provides a long list of benefits, such as helping with sleep, reducing pain, and decreasing symptoms of anxiety. When creating a CBD vape juice, it is also an excellent way of creating a unique personalized vape juice that is nicotine-free with additional benefits for the body!
- Water: This ingredient is essential for steeping the vape juice once it has been mixed. The steeping process will help dissolve and homogenize the ingredients inside, meaning a smoother vaping experience with a more concise vape juice.
Now that you have everything that you need to create your very own vape juice, it’s time to consider the steps of making it!
- It’s crucial to gather the utensils you will need so that your measurements are accurate, and your working station is clean.
Utensils you will need:
- Bottles for the finished vape juice with childproof lids (size is up to you, e.g., 15ml, 30ml, 50ml).
- Separate larger bottles for mixing.
- Syringes for measuring your ingredients. (20ml are usually sufficient).
- Tissues or napkins for cleaning.
- Plastic gloves.
- Protective glasses or goggles.
Importance of utensils
- Bottles: The bottles used should be the correct size for the amount of vape juice being created. It is crucial to buy new bottles when creating a unique flavor to b
e sure that the vape juice will remain uncontaminated so that the character will be as pure as possible. The childproof locking lids are only crucial if children are present in the household.
- Syringes: Syringes are particularly important for the accuracy of measurements. When creating a new vape juice, the more concise, the better the result will be! Especially if this is the 3rd or 4th try creating a particular flavor, even 1ml can change the taste. Keep in mind. This is a form of chemistry!
- Tissues: Tissues help keep the working station clean and reduce the possibility of contamination. Keeping the area where the vape juice is created, clean is very important.
- Gloves: Gloves keep the hands clean while working with sticky and oily substances. Rubber gloves are recommended because the residues will not stick to the gloves.
- Glasses or goggles: Just in case a chemical goes in your eyes, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
Once you have all your ingredients and utensils ready, it is time to start mixing and creating your unique vape juice!
Step by Step Instructions To Create Your Own Unique Vape Juice
- First, add your PG/VG mix into a clean bottle in your desired measurement with a syringe.
- Then continue by adding the mix of flavors you decided on with separate, clean syringes.
- Finally, add the CBD concentrate to your mixing bottle and close the lid.
- Shake the bottle for a minute and prepare a small bath of hot water (not boiling, just hot tap water will do). This can be done in a bowl if you are only using 30ml bottles for your vape juice. Create it according to the size of the bottles you use.
- Once you’ve prepared your bath of hot water and mixed the bottle of ingredients, transfer the shaken ingredients into your final clean storage bottles (as many as you wish, according to your batch). Place the storage bottles in the bath of hot water and let them rest in the tub, making sure the bottles are not entirely submerged (just up ¾ of the way), for 10 minutes. This is the steeping process.
- Take them out and repeat the steeping process as many times as you wish. The more times you repeat it, the more likely the ingredients will homogenize and mix to create a clean and clear vape juice.
- Make sure to keep your new vape juice stored in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
- Enjoy vaping your new unique, one-of-a-kind CBD vape juice!
Are you a CBD fanatic? Check out our article “10 Unique CBD Products You Can Buy Right Now“, and learn about 10 other CBD products we highly recommend.